- 5 oz salt
- ½ oz powdered mace
- ½ oz powdered ginger
- ½ oz powdered coriander
- ½ oz powdered cinnamon
- ½ oz allspice
- ½ oz pepper
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
Salmon and Chorizo:
- 6 pieces of salmon cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 slices of chorizo
- ½ oz Grand Marnier® Cordon Rouge liqueur
- In a heated frying pan brown the chorizo slices on both sides in a little oil.
- Mix the salt with the other ingredients.
- Coat two opposite sides of the salmon cubes with the spice mixture and sear these same two sides in the frying pan.
- Flambé with the liqueur.
- The salmon should only be partially cooked.
- Spear the chorizo followed by the salmon with a skewer and serve immediately.
For an authentic presentation, garnish the rim of the glass with salt. Begin by filling a wide, shallow dish with 2 to 3 mm of fine salt. Cut a lemon in half and rub the cut side around the rim of the glass. Then, holding the glass upside down, dip it delicately into the salt, so that it adheres to the rim to a thickness of 2 or 3 mm. Turn the glass upright and wait a few minutes.
A highly refreshing cocktail in which the sour notes of lime and tequila are tempered by Grand Marnier® liqueur.