- 8 oz puff pastry (approximately 1 inch thick)
- 1 egg
- 2 oz parmesan
- 1 oz polenta
- Grate the parmesan and combine with the polenta.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and brush onto the puff pastry which has been placed on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the polenta/parmesan mixture and roll a rolling pin over top pressing lightly.
- Chill then cut into strips 1 cm wide and 12 cm long.
- Bake at 180° C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Do not allow the straws to brown. Serve hot.
For a refreshing cocktail, fill a champagne glass half full with champagne after first pouring in a little of the shaken Grand Marnier® and orange mixture so that the two blend together. Then gently pour in the rest of the orange mixture.
This smooth, elegant cocktail that combines a delicate sparkle with the fruity notes of orange is ideal for whetting the appetite.